metropolitan


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

sloooooooooooooooooowly

I'm not very good at doing anything slowly. I don't like to wait, and I'm impatient when I'm not good at things right away.

I am not good at digesting. This is frustrating, and something that I have to re-learn to do, at a pain-stakingly SLOW rate. I can't gulp, I have to sip. I can't run, I have to walk. I can't go from the downward dog position in yoga class to standing straight up without getting dizzy and feeling faint.

I also like to have plans and make plans. This is something else that I need to re-learn to let go of. I can't meet my friend to chat when I can't drive because the room is spinning around me. This is also frustrating.

I KNOW that God has a plan for me, and it's much better than my own plan. It PROMISES this is Jeremiah. However, I often wish that God would include me on the next memo about WHERE and WHEN the plan might be taking place, and all that it entails. I want to look forward to whatever it is that is going to be. Unfortunately, that is not how it seems to be working. Instead of looking ahead to the future, God is asking me, "Brelin, will you be faithful to me right now? Right here, in this time, when you are too weak to go at life in your own power? Will you allow ME to be your strength?"

I think that is what I'm wrestling with the most right now. I can't just be stubborn and get through this battle. I have to, again and again, release my will and uncurl my fingers that are tightly trying to grasp at control--and let God have the authority in my life, in this disease, and in all of my plans for the future.

Yes, Lord. I will trust you today. I will ask for help when I need it. I will not try to muscle my way through the healing process. I will give myself grace when I need to rest. I will relinquish control and authority over my body, this horrific disease that I'm fighting, and all of my plans for the future. And, God, just one more thing...please help me to remember that I said all this tomorrow, when I try to take it back. :)
Amen.

No comments: