metropolitan


Saturday, June 12, 2010

home. ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

It seems that the horrible NG tube worked some magic on "retraining" my stomach. I was released from the hospital after being puke-free for 2 days. (yes!!) So far, I've taken in a small nonfat yogurt container, and 3 bites of cream of wheat. Water is staying down with small sips also.

Before I left the hospital, he upped my NG tube drip to 40 mL/hour, which is a couple of Tablespoons per hour. So I just have to eat that slowly and carefully for the next week or two until things get under control and my body thinks "digest" rather than "puke".

He's put me on some drugs that make me a little dopey, but just in the morning, so I can live with that.

I'm cautiously reporting that I feel okay today. Not terrific, but do-able.

I guess that is a good start. :)
brelin

No comments: