metropolitan


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

in da hospital

...rollin' wit' my homies. :)

DISCLAIMER: let me start off in advance with a side note that i am on a narcotic drip medication in the hospital for abdominal pain, and a whole host of other abdominal systems. so what you are about to read may not make sense to you. if you start to trip up... do your best to begin thinking like a 5 year old and try again.

i got my picc line placed in my upper left arm yesterday, and am doing okay with that. i also got an NG tube placed last nigh. up my nose, down the back of my throat, and into my stomach. Yumm! Through my picc line, i'm getting TPN (total replacement nutrtion) during the day, and fluids at night.

more later... hugs and love!!!!!!!!!!!
bree

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!! I am so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital again, that really stinks! I will keep checking in on here to see how you are doing! I pray that its a quick stay for you!

Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear that you have to go through all this pain right now. I had to have a picc line myself for several months. I know, it’s not a lot of fun. One thing that helped me during this time was a product called DryPro. DryPro is a picc line protector, which you can slide over your picc line, so that it doesn’t get wet. You can order it at

www.drycorp.com

It helped me a lot. And I would be glad if this product could make your life easier too.
All the best to you, Alejandro