metropolitan


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

hospital day ten

I had an MRI of my head last night to see if there is anything going on in my brain stem (which is the part that deals with nausea, I think.) I will have those results from the doctor around 12 or 1 this afternoon.
The doctor also checked my common bile duct with another blood test. I should have those results today also.
The doc started me on another new medicine on Monday night. I was able to keep a little food down (a couple of bites of mashed potatoes, and a bite of chicken.) Since that worked on Monday night, he prescribed the same medicine for last night dinner. I had about 1/2 cup of canned peaches, and those stayed down also. I took the same drug this morning, waited a bit, and then tried to eat a few bites of breakfast. Unfortunately, that came right back up after I ate it. Shoot.
Oh, and I am back on the TPN, they started it last night.

I am still thinking positive, and hoping to get out of the hospital sometime soon. The surgeon said that she could do surgery right away if we wanted to, but she also encouraged us to wait and discuss it together for at least a couple of days. We are praying that God will continue to guide the doctors, and that if He wants to miraculously heal me, He can go ahead and do that also. :)

Hugs, brelin

1 comment:

weswig said...

friend! I hope your tests produce good results and information. Today I moved to Everett! My oh my!