metropolitan


Thursday, July 31, 2008

out of the hospital...

I made it out of the hospital, and am doing really well, all things considered. I am getting nutrition in my body for the first time since September through my new J-tube!! (yay!)

The feeding tube seems to be doing okay. The nausea is pretty bad, and doesn't really lend itself to eating a lot in addition to the constant feedings. Right now, I am on a 24 hour feeding schedule, trying to get my body used to digesting again. It's on day 7 of digesting, and I think it's starting to revolt. I have encouraged it to "hang in there" as it were.

This morning I dry heaved into a bowl...not a good sign. Nothing came out, and I was super thankful... I managed to "hang in there" for 6 hours longer until my body let loose and threw up a lot of stomach acid. We're taking a break, now, from the feeding, so that my body does not revolt again.
This was my first bout of vomiting since I have come out of sugery--which I am totally thankful for. I am confident that this was just a small hiccup in my progress, and I am on the road to full health again.

Please pray for patience... especially mine. I want to be well... and it's going to be a long road.
Please pray for encouragement for Marcus... that he can stay positive even when it's tough.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, according to His will...

And so we keep trusting in God's precious love, and resting in His comfort,
brelin

1 comment:

Holladays said...

Dear Brelin, we prayed and lit candles in every church on our trip...the kids were beginning to think we were only on vacation to go to see churches:) We continue to pray for you at home now too and want you to know you are always close to our hearts and thoughts. Love, The Holladays