metropolitan


Sunday, February 3, 2008

another fever...?

I started running a small fever on Friday. It has gone away and come back twice since then. Today I woke up and it's now 100. Not terrible... but since I usually am 96 or 97, it is not so good.

My throat is also hurting horribly (which I thought was from vomiting, but maybe is from being sick), so hopefully the fever is just from the throat and not something else more important. I have a call into my doctor this morning, so I will keep you posted on what they decide to do with me. I'm hoping I don't have to miss the superbowl. :)

I'm still vomiting a lot. Sometimes I can keep down a small amount of clear liquids, but if I try to introduce anything else then I throw up a lot. Shoot. The doctors here have exhausted their good ideas, and so I'm just in a holding pattern until we make it to Mayo. The next step in Seattle is to open me up and see what's going on in there, remove some scar tissue, and put me back together. I'm hoping that the doctors at Mayo will have a better idea. The docs here are more than happy to work with the Mayo docs, which is really nice. :)

It's Feb. already, and I'm really excited for them to find an answer that is nice and flowery... like, "We have this medicine that will cure you in 1 hour, and then you'll never throw up again ever!!" You can pray for that if you want. :)

Until then, you can pray that my fever goes away. :)

Thanks,
brelin

No comments: