metropolitan


Sunday, February 3, 2008

ahhh, the ER.

After a rather momentous 4 hour adventure to the ER with my friends, Kristin & Rebecca, I learned that I have a virus. It's possible that there is something else wrong, so the ER doc encouraged me to follow-up with my primary-care physician in the next couple of days--I could have a blood clot in my left arm, without any symptoms but pain, but they're hoping I'm just sore from the virus. They checked me for strep throat, which came back negative, and I have fluid in my ears and a red throat too. My lymph nodes are swollen in my neck and throat also, so that's fun. I am still running a fever, have a sore throat, am vomiting, dizzy, and exhausted (even more than normal). I also have a fascinatingly symmetrical rash that the doctors were intrigued by.

They told me that they'd never seen anything like it, and if they had a digital camera, they would have photographed it and sent it into a medical journal. I love being the "medical mystery" patient. Please note my sarcasm on that one. :)

The ER docs were incredibly kind and helpful this evening... which is nice. :)
That's the end for me today.
Hugs,
brelin

No comments: