metropolitan


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

mayo clinic day 4

We are embarking on the adventures of day 4 this morning. All of my appointments seem to begin really early in the morning....like 7 am.

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday by eating radioactive eggs, toast, and a cup of milk. I was supposed to keep them down so that they could see how long it takes for my stomach to empty. I, however, opted to throw up the majority of the radioactive treats, and I might have ruined the test. We'll find out this afternoon at 4 pm. After radioactive breakfast, we hung out at the hospital all day (from 7:30 am-4:15 pm) It was a real hoot.

The rest of the day was a bit more fun... I had a little nap, and then we went to the mall in Rochester. I ended the celebration with ice cream from Cold Stone.... Birthday Cake Remix. Marcus sang happy birthday in the mall for me. :)

Today I have more tests... I've already had a radioactive scan this morning, and I head back for a Body CT scan in a little bit. Following that, I will have a Neurophysiology Exam, checking on my autonomic nervous system, and then another appt. with the doctor, where we'll review the results of the tests so far, and then make a plan for the next week or so.

I think that's all... I will try and update tomorrow morning also!

Love brelin

2 comments:

the Reids said...

Praying for you...

By the way, it's really simple to add pics! Go to, uh, forgot. I'll get back to you on that.

Sinister Minister said...

Happy Birthday Brelin! Evie Lu says, "tic-atica!" I'm not sure what that means, but I think it means we all love you.
Will