metropolitan


Friday, October 28, 2011

home and doing well

Hi All,
A brief update to let you know how surgery went:
It was quick and uncomplicated. The vascular surgeon reported that "everything went exactly as it should have."

I'm feeling pretty good considering they cut me open yesterday. Most of the pain is in my right shoulder. It feels like I did about 300 shoulder raises using 100 lb weights. Immediately following my pretend "workout", then Marcus punched me as hard as he could in my right shoulder.

Certainly, the pain is not unbearable (especially compared to abdominal surgery)--but I'm certainly not comfortable either.

The doc says that I should be pretty much back to normal in about a week. Until then, Marcus is opening and closing my car door for me, just as a proper gentleman would do all the time. :)

I consider any uncomplicated surgery a miracle. And I'd been kinda freaked out about surgery all week, and then woke up the morning of the procedure feeling a peace that transcends all understanding which could only come from God. Thank you all for your prayers.

Love,
b

No comments: