metropolitan


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hi All!
Just a quick note to say that I'll be heading in for outpatient surgery tomorrow to get my port put in.
Please pray that the procedure goes smoothly and that I can heal quickly from it. :)
My doctor's name is Bryan Lange, and he is a vascular surgeon. We saw him on Monday, and are so pleased that he'll be doing the surgery. We liked him so much that Marcus and I did high 5's on the way out of his office. He came very highly recommended to me from my nurses, an contradicted several of the things the first doctor had told us were "truth."--just further confirmation from God that we are now in the right place.
The funny part of my story is this: I returned from my workout class yesterday morning to discover I had a voice mail message on my cell phone.
I called the woman back.
She explained that she was from Swedish Hospital patient registration, and she was calling to pre-register me for my procedure on 10/27.
I interrupted and said, "Wait! I that this coming Thursday? Like, in two days?" She replied, "Yes. It's two days from now."
Me: "Um, I'm sorry, ma'am, but what procedure am I having done on Thursday?!"
Her: "It looks like you're having a surgical procedure with Dr. Lange."
Me: "Oh, that's great! I just hadn't heard from the doctor's office yet." (I had been in and spoken to the doc about the procedure, but hadn't spoken to their scheduler yet.)
Just then, my home phone starts ringing. It was the doctor's office calling to let me know that they'd been able to squeeze me in and that I'd be receiving a call from the registration lady soon. I let her know that they'd already called.
The nurse and I broke out laughing, and she said, "My! Aren't they efficient?!"
I chuckled, and said, "Yes, it's the most interesting way I've found out about surgery so far!!"

Just another comical adventure in the land o' medicine.

Hugs to you all.
B
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: