metropolitan


Saturday, January 22, 2011

poop- no longer taboo

In the land of gastrointestinal problems, lots of things are no longer disgusting to talk about during dinner--and daily, it just seems natural to update one's spouse and immediate family on the bowel movement of the day--or month.

Without further ado-do (ha!), I am pleased to report that I finally went to the bathroom. I finally went #2 for the third time in a month. My body is very crampy, and still feels incredibly full (I've had weight gain this month, but the docs have attributed it to not going.) To finally go, even a little, is so refreshing. Thank you all for praying when you received my slightly disparaging text message.

It seems that the insurance company has still not managed to get their act together and approve my surgery--so, we wait. I had my pre-op appointment last Wed, and the surgeon seems very nice. He's done this surgery before, so while it is new to Swedish Hospital, all parties in the operating room have had some experience. And so we wait. The docs are now hoping surgery can take place either 2/2 or 2/7, depending on the insurance company and when they make their decision.

I've had a little more energy the last couple of days, and got to go up skiing yesterday. This morning it's sunny, and so I went for a jog with Marcus. It's nice to not be curled up on the couch all day long. I've also been working on writing my devotional, and hope to have it ready to test drive for family members & close friends at Lent. I've gotten to see lots of friends lately, and have appreciated the grace that everyone extends to me as far as being flexible when I'm just not feeling good and have to bail at the last second.

I think that's all for today. Please continue to pray that the insurance company moves quickly on their "yes" decision, and that the surgeons will have great wisdom, and work with no complications during surgery. Please pray that my recovery will be complete, and my health totally restored. I'm pretty sure God can handle all that. :)

Sending hugs your way--
b

No comments: