metropolitan


Thursday, January 13, 2011

mini health update, and a little good news

Hi All,
This past week has been a good one for me in the grand scheme of things. THANK YOU for your faithfulness in prayer, as I have totally felt God's presence much greater, which has, in turn, given me the strength and hope that I needed to get out of my medical (& emotional) funk.

The past couple of days, I have had much better energy, and I even went SKIING yesterday with my nephew,Garrett; hot fireman husband, Marcus; and my father-in-law, Jim. We had so much fun, and my little nephew was kickin' butt on the mountain, doing an amazing job skiing. :)

I don't have much to report health-wise. My dizzy spells seem to be less frequent at the moment, which has been a welcome relief for me (and my family too. :)) I am not feeling like I need to have someone with me at all times for safety (phew). The vomiting continues, and my fluids are running a little low, but I feel like I've made it through the really "rough" patch for now.

The good news for the day: My surgery was approved by the hospital board! (praise God!), so now I'm just waiting on my insurance company to approve, and then we can get the gastric stimulator hooked up in my guts.

Please pray with me:
1. I'm going to be praying long and hard about getting another J-tube (feeding tube to my intestines) placed at the same time as the stimulator is put in. I absolutely HATED that tube, as it was painful to receive the tube feedings, and it was just uncomfortable to have sticking out of my body...mine ended up ripping out multiple times, but didn't come all the way out--just enough to hurt really bad. Please pray that God will make it completely clear to me about what I should do in this situation. Let Him know that I'd prefer to learn by someone just telling me, as opposed to making me sicker to help me figure it out. :)

2. That the insurance company says "yes" to the surgrey soon.

3. That I can continue to feel good enough to keep doing fun things (like shopping, skiing, yoga, and working on my devotional.)

4. That we can find a home church out here in Enumclaw to get connected and find some fun friends. (we are still loving living out here, but would also love to meet some friends that live close)

5. Also, please pray for our friends, Nancy and Kendyl. Both have cancer (kendyl-in the last phases of chemo, nancy-just beginning the process). Please pray for peace, rest, energy, minimal side effects and miraculous healing. :)

Thank you all for keeping up with me and my life. We covet your prayers, and I adore the encouraging notes that you send!! They really do perk me up. :)

Love.
brelin

No comments: