metropolitan


Saturday, April 12, 2008

great news!

1. Marcus passed his 2 year test! He's awesome!

2. I'm still digesting! I've only thrown up twice since Tuesday! It's totally a miracle!!

3. I went to the GI doc yesterday, and he is also thrilled with my progress. He said that he could run a bunch of test to try and understand why I'm suddenly digesting--knowing that they probably wouldn't show anything conclusive, or we could just celebrate. He suggested that we just celebrate and leave all of my doses of medications alone.

4. I'm eating small amounts of food, mostly grazing all day long... and doing REALLY well with liquids. The doc said that I can get my picc line out NEXT FRIDAY!! yay!!

5. AND it's sunny in Seattle today!!

6. Praise God!! Amen.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. Obviously this is a huge step in the correct direction, and my spirits are definitely refreshed... it is going to be a long road back to full health, and I need to remember that too. Marcus reminded me yesterday that before all of this happened I was pushing him to train for a marathon with me. Now I can barely run 1/4 of a mile. :) but I'll get there.... All things are possible with God, right?! :) Tee hee!!

Love to you all.
brelin

2 comments:

Erin said...

Praise God for you Brelin! I am so happy you are doing better, I even have my Bible study group praying for you! Prayer is truly amazing! Praise God again and again!
Erin

Unknown said...

Yay!! So glad to read this post!! I'll keep you in my thoughts as you continue to digest. :)
xoxo