metropolitan


Saturday, November 3, 2007

the wonderful world of needles...?

I went to the acupuncture doctor today. It was really bizarre, but pretty cool. There was a warm heater lamp, and just a few needles (smaller than sewing needles--they're really thin) She put a couple in my stomach, one in my large intestine, two in my wrists, in my legs, and in the top of my head. I felt my intestines move while I laid there on the table, and heard audible bowel sounds for the first time in weeks.

I came home and fell asleep for a while, then tested out the nausea with some cream of wheat cereal--which sometimes stays down. unfortunately it all came back up with a cup of tea. shoot.

I have 12 acupuncture visits covered by insurance per calendar year, so I will be utilizing them for 2007. :) I see her again next Saturday.

Marcus and I continue to laugh each day as we struggle through this adventure together. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and thankful for all of the strength that God provides us for each new day.

brelin

No comments: