metropolitan


Wednesday, November 14, 2007

grace

I'm sorry for not updating the blog more often... it's frustrating having to write, "I'm still not any better than I was in September." Last night was particularly rough for me--the vomiting was horrific, and I almost passed out in the middle of it all. Marcus caught me in time, and set me down on the floor safely while putting my legs up in the air to get more blood to my head. We put in an extra IV bag yesterday for good measure. Today I am feeling a bit better, but still having a lot of abdominal pain. He gave me more pain medicine yesterday night, which helped me go to sleep (yay!) My stomach acid is burning the past couple of days when I wake up--which is causing a lot more nausea and pain. (yuck)

All in all, I think it's safe to say that Marcus and I are both exhausted. Marcus' shingles are getting a bit better, they are starting to crust over, which means that he's not contagious anymore. (yay Marcus) but they are still hurting him a bit. I think he's hoping to go back to work on Friday.

We are learning how to have a grace-filled marriage. In the midst of the pain, the frustration, the anger, and the exhaustion, we are leaning on God's love--counting on it to get us through this time. It has not been easy, but we trust that God is surrounding us--He is in and through each conversation, each moment of joy, and He continues to hold us in our sorrow as well.

brelin

2 comments:

Jill Knutson said...

Brelin,
I've been meaning to write to thank you for coming to the Confirmation service. It was very meaningful for us to have you there and I'm sure it took tons of effort for you to come. Thank you. You and Marcus continue to be in my prayers.
Love,
Jill Knutson

pk said...

Prayers continue daily for the two of you. It really is helpful to have you be able to keep us all updated so we can direct our prayers even more specifically.....

Though I am not there in person I am sure with you in spirit! May His peace and strength surround you daily in this very difficult time.

Much love, pk