metropolitan


Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanksgiving day

This Thanksgiving Day has really allowed me to ponder what I'm really thankful for. Normally, I am ready to feast on delicious foods that only come all together once a year. Imagine totally removing the food, and thinking about Thanksgiving Day... For some, the joy comes from all of the football games, from the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, or from just the idea of another piece of pumpkin pie.

This year, I'm thankful that I am alive. I'm thankful that I have so many people surrounding me in prayer, and encouraging me when I'm feeling down.

I'm thankful that I can spend time with family, praising God together with them for the gifts that we've been blessed with.

I'm thankful for a warm home to wake up in, a fabulous husband to love me and care for me, a wonderful church to be a part of, and the opportunity to share God's love with students & families in Sammamish and all over.

I'm thankful for all of you, and for the many ways that you continue to bless our lives together. Thank you Jesus, for all of your love today and always.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
brelin

p.s. As for the medical update... all remains virtually the same. I remain on IV fluids at home, I am still vomiting 20-40 times a day. My weight had been stable for quite a while, but recently I have dropped a couple more pounds. I am currently on about 10-12 medications per day, and none of them seem to be working. God provides me with enough strength to last each day, and with a heart of joy and thankfulness for everyday I am at home. Marcus is completely better from his shingles, and we are doing our best to have fun together!! :)

1 comment:

EoinThomas said...

Happy Thanksgiving Brelin.
You've on my prayers and in my heart.
I know your strong will and strength in god will help you get through this.
I love you.

-Eoin Thomas Sharkey