metropolitan


Friday, August 15, 2008

"take it easy"

For those of you who know me well, the words "take it easy" and "Brelin" don't often get put together in a sentence... especially when I am feeling good. And I am feeling FABULOUS!! Back before my 11 month bout of vomiting, I was known for running, jumping, and playing with middle school students, and sometimes doing cartwheels on the top floor of the church office.

I have missed doing all of these things since I have been sick. Now that I am beginning to digest, and since I am getting food through my feeding tube--I have so much energy--it's wonderful!! I have started playing a little tennis. (not hard-core tennis, just hitting the ball around), and yesterday I even went running!! The doctor did tell me that I need to stop playing ultimate frisbee, because I could get a hernia that may require additional surgery. Although my flying grab in the end zone was almost perfect--my ultimate days are over for 3 more weeks until I am not at risk for a hernia, thus "taking it easy."

I am eating like a champion!! I have been eating about 800 calories by mouth consistently each day for the last couple of days! Yay!! The rest of the calories that I need, I get from my tube feedings each night. The goal is to get all of my calories by mouth soon, so that I can get my feeding tube out. The soonest I could get it out is 3 weeks... but that is probably a bit unrealistic. It will probably be a bit longer.

The only ridiculous thing to report is that the stitch that was holding my feeding tube into my body came out yesterday, so the surgeon had to re-sew it back in yesterday. Ouch. I was really in a lot of pain at the site yesterday, but seem to be feeling better this morning.

Praise God for the healing that is FINALLY taking place in my body!! Yay!! Thank you for all your prayers, love, and words of encouragement. Hopefully we're nearing the end of this battle.

Marcus and I were talking the other day, and we shared just how much this past year has brought us closer to God and closer to one another. We feel like we can tackle anything together, with God right there with us. :) Yay. Amen.

No comments: