metropolitan


Friday, May 2, 2008

i'm back

let me begin by saying that i had a fabulous time in arizona. marcus and i spent 10 days there, soaking up the sunshine, enjoying each other, and playing with our friends andy & heather for part of the time. we got to see God's beautiful creation in trips to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, the red rocky hills of Sedona, & the slot canyons of Lake Powell. I also especially enjoyed the 90+ degree weather by laying in and around the pools in the Scottsdale area.

Many of you are wondering how the digesting is going. It continues to baffle me. Somedays are fabulous... other days are ridiculously awful. I learned on our trip that I now get really, really car & boat sick. This (perhaps) would have been good to know before our trip, but, we adjusted some of our plans accordingly. :)

I am keeping down fluids pretty consistently... and clear liquids are staying down almost always (unless I'm in a car, a boat, or I try and eat something along with the clear liquid). So, I'm not getting dehydrated too badly, and I'm feeling pretty good most of the time. I'm still having some pretty miserable days and times, but overall I'm doing alright and my spirits are good.

I'm reading a terrific book, which is challenging my views about what it means to be waiting and resting in God, and I'm really enjoying it... I'll tell you more about some other time. :)

Okay, I think that is all for today! Much love and hugs to you all!
brelin

No comments: