metropolitan


Monday, January 14, 2008

swollen face? yikes!

So, while I continue to wait for the drug study medication, propulsid, the doctor thought that he'd try me out on another medication for the abdominal pain. He thinks that there may be some nerve damage, and so put me on lyrica to see if that helped with the pain. Interestingly enough, I tried it, and sort of felt like I was floating in a pool... I turned some pretty interesting shades of green, and had a rough evening of vomiting and feeling like I was going to pass out.

The next morning I woke up to find my face pretty swollen. Imagine Angelina Jolie-looking lips, and my eyelids and cheeks were really swollen too.... It was less than gorgeous. We looked online and found that if you have a swollen face on lyrica, that you are supposed to contact the doctor immediately, because you are having an allergic reaction. Sweet. So, I'm okay now... my face is back to normal... but it was just a little new adventure for my weekend.

I'm back on two liters of fluid a day, we think that part of the dizziness is due to dehydration. My vomiting has been worse (and more often) than normal, so we're REALLY excited for the drug study medication to come and work really well!!

I guess that's all of my adventures. You can continue to pray for my abd. pain... it's pretty bad this week... and for my blood clot to continue to be reabsorbed. And that the study medication comes quickly and works effectively right away.

Much love,
brelin

No comments: