metropolitan


Tuesday, January 22, 2008

still vomiting...

Thanks for all of the prayers. It turns out that my fever just lasted one day...Praise God for that one!

The drug study medicines seemed promising the first couple of days that I was on them, but since then, have not been helping nearly so well. I'm not really keeping down much of anything except that I'm no longer vomiting just stomach acid. (which is a definite improvement) I throw up about 10-15 times a day though, which is not really good. My vomiting is definitely worse in the evenings, and my latest trick is to throw up so hard that it's difficult to breath. I wouldn't recommend it... :) I just had an EKG (to check and make sure that my heart is okay on this drug study medication) today, and if those results are normal (which we're expecting), the doctor can double the dose of the medication and see if that does the trick.

I finished my last shot for the blood clot in my arm!! It ended up being one whole month of shots! I have really nasty bruises, but hopefully they'll go away soon. The blood clot treatments are all over for now. We'll just continue to pray that my left arm stays clot-free with the picc line in it.

We booked our flights to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. We'll be flying out on Feb. 18, and returning home sometime around March 4. Marcus will be with me for the first half of the trip, and then he'll come back home to work. My mom will join me for the last half of the trip... so that I'm all taken care of.

No comments: