metropolitan


Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Hi All,
Sorry it has been so long since I've written this... I've been busy with the hustle and bustle of this time of year.

I've been using 1-2 liters of IV fluids per day. My energy level remains very low. We spoke with the doctor on Friday about the possibility of using PPN, which is a partial nutritional supplement. We're hoping that this increase in calories could help me live with more energy, perhaps enjoying the things I love to do.

There is still no news on the drug study. The doctor's office has said that I should have medications in hand sometime around the first of the year... or perhaps in January sometime. So we continue to wait on that too.

I continue to go to acupuncture once a week. It helps with the pain levels, and I don't vomit for one full hour after the appointment. It's wonderful!!

We got a call from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, and we've set up an appointment for February 21st. They said that I should count on being there at least 5-8 business days. Marcus will join me for the first half of my stay there, and then my mom will fly out to meet me there for the second half.

We celebrated Christmas with the Rismiller family on Friday, we're celebrating with the Johnson's on Monday, and then the Weakley's are coming out on the 26th and we'll celebrate with them too. What a party!!

Thank you for your continued prayers of peace & patience. You can pray for both Marcus and I to have renewed hope for healing. My pain levels have increased these past few weeks, so you can pray for that too! :)

Have a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family!
Much love,
brelin

3 comments:

Tami said...

You sure party a lot. Yea for an appt at the Mayo clinic!! I love you!

~ Tina said...

Marina & I were just talking about you today, and wishing things were looking better for you. Glad you had lots of Merry Christmas cheer and soon a happy new year!

Holladays said...

Hi Brelin, glad to hear Mayo will see you. I have a very close friend who just moved back to Rochester (she works on the business side of health care). If you, Marcus or your mom want her number let me know. I know she would help if she can.
We think of you often and keep you in our prayers always. Patti