metropolitan


Saturday, December 1, 2007

i love snow!

I'm sitting here at the computer, looking out the window, and watching the snow come down like crazy. There is a really cute dog in our "backyard" that is frolicking happily, as if he'd uncovered a priceless treasure. I wholeheartedly agree with the dog, in fact, I might put on my snow clothes and make a snow angel just for fun. :)

The past few days have been busy with Mike Breen, a rad pastor from phoenix (originally from england) who has been working with our church in developing a discipleship-driven ministry... a novel idea, really--doing church like Jesus did. Brilliant. If you want to read more about that you can check out 3dministries.com It's a great website.

No new medical news to report. I went to a new doctor this week, he's a chiropractic naturopath. I don't think he did anything useful, so I told Marcus that I don't want to go back.

I have a lot of people praying for me. Just knowing that really does help me get through each day. I really do treasure your encouraging words, and the love that you continue to pour out on me & Marcus.

I was worshipping today as part of the Mike Breen conference. David Harsh was leading the worship song, "Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for. Brokenness is what I need. Brokenness is what you want from me." I've never had a problem singing those words until I tried to sing them today. I don't think God desires us to be "broken" Instead, I think he longs for us to be free from the sin and the anxiety that weighs us down. He promises to carry the load for us. The last thought I'd like to leave you with for the day is a few lyrics from the old hymn, "Great is thy faithfulness"

Here they are, I pray that they are a blessing to you, as they have been for me this day.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

hugs, brelin

No comments: