metropolitan


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

non-stop action at 32 1/2 weeks.

The first photo is Marcus and I after our second baby shower in as many days.  We celebrated with 100+ people between the two days this past weekend.  It was tons of fun, but I'm still in the process of recovering.  THANK YOU to our friends and family who made this all happen!!  They were everything we'd hoped they'd be.

This past week my mom came and made ADORABLE crib skirts for both kiddos.  She also made super cute pennants for the window in the nursery.  The nursery is just about finished, and is turning out exactly as I had hoped.  I'll be sure to take and post some pictures once it's all put together.  I've been working on several different craft projects, and I'm almost finished!!
(Hopefully I can get the photos up in the next few days.)

Below is me at 32 1/2 weeks.  All things considered, I'm still doing very well.  I'm starting to swell a bit more, but I think part of that might be due to the fact that it's exhausting to move, so walking around the block in the rain doesn't sound very appealing.  I have acid reflux that seems like it could kill me, and my precious children won't stay out of my ribs.  I'm also not really sleeping.  Oh, and I'm still puking a zillion times a day.  BUT, I'm maintaining my weight--and I'm certain that the kids are growing, because either my belly is growing or ALL OF MY CLOTHES are shrinking. :)
The day that my mom left, my best friend flew in from Indiana.  Aubrie and I have been best buddies since 8th grade, so it was awesome to see her.  She was able to come to both showers, was insanely helpful and gave lots of brilliant mom advice because she's got 3 kids of her own.  Oh, and we also spent a fair amount of time giggling--which is always fun.  I hadn't seen her for a couple of years, which is completely unacceptable.  We'll have to try and do better in the years to come.

Since my last post, I don't really have any formal medical news.  I go to see the OB on Friday.  At that time, they'll do a growth ultrasound on the kiddos (to make sure they are growing bigger, and at a healthy rate).  I'm sure they'll also check on me too.

Thank you so much to everyone who was able to come to our showers, and also for all of you who continue to pray for me and these babies.  We are so relieved to have made it this far along in the pregnancy without any real complications, and no bed rest so far.  Just about a month to go...  HOORAY!!  We can't wait to meet these precious little ones.  Thank you, Jesus, for making this all happen so smoothly!!  Amen.

1 comment:

MelissaS said...

Too fun you and Aubrie got to get together. Yes, I bet there was much giggling to be had.