metropolitan


Thursday, June 28, 2012

Babies!!

I keep meaning to write something clever, but each day passes and I'm so tired (physically and emotionally) that I figured I better throw some words and photos out into the world.

Here are the highlights:
1. My water broke on Sunday, 6/24 at 7:15 am. After prompting Marcus to wake up "for real", we arrived at the hospital by 8 am--having had nothing packed until the water broke.

2. After 5 IV start attempts by 3 different nurses and an anesthesiologist, I was prepped for surgery.

3. Colby David Rismiller arrived at 2:12 pm, at 4 lbs 12 oz and 17 3/4" long.
Kinley Grace Rismiller arrived at 2:13 pm, at 4 lbs 2 oz and 16 3/4" long.

4. Both babies were sent to the NICU because they were so small--and I was only 34 weeks pregnant. They've not needed any machines for breathing or eating so far, and just need a little help staying warm (bc they're both scrawny.) They're also receiving IV fluids, but may get to stop them in the next day or so.

5. They are in the not so intense "ISCU", and have remained there since they got moved down from the NICU after only 36 hrs of life.

6. The babies continue to be fantastic, little miracles. The docs and nurses continue to be dumbfounded by their progress--as are their optimistically cautious mommy and daddy. We might be biased, but we think they're the most adorable little people we've ever seen. It's hard to see the differences in photos, but in real life they look very "manly" and "dainty", respectively.

7. It could be anywhere from a week to 7 weeks left in the ISCU for them. I had a terrible time leaving them last night, after I'd been discharged myself--but today was a little easier. We can't WAIT to have them home with us.

8. Thanks for your love and prayers. I'll be sure to post pics ASAP.

No comments: