metropolitan


Monday, November 7, 2011

I can't believe how amazing it is to have a port. I love it!! I sort of wish that I would've had one put in a few years ago. Granted, I'm wearing more scarves overall--trending towards my little sister's approach to fashion (a scarf, regardless of color, goes with everything.) I've had it accessed twice so far and the blood return is great, as is the flowing of the hydration. Best of all, when the nausea meds go in IV, there is no burning!! Excellent. The placement is good, and the scar is small--and healing nicely. It's not even been two weeks, and I'm already not feeling it too much during a low-impact workout. Yay!!

Beyond that, there is not too much to report. We've had beautiful weather the past week or so--and I'm not one to take sunshine for granted--so we've been out almost every day working on the yard or hiking somewhere amazing. The other day, Marcus and I hiked up to Suntop and through the Grove of the Patriarchs. Both were beautiful, ripe with fall colors. The view from Suntop was spectacular, we could see Rainier, some of the Cascades, and even on to the Olympics. Gorgeous.

Thanks for your prayers, thoughts and well-wishes. It's such a blessing to have you all walking alongside me through this journey.

Hugs!!
Brelin

No comments: