metropolitan


Monday, December 6, 2010

oh, and one more thing.

I got a phone call from Dr. Patterson this morning. He left a message asking me to return his phone call. In my experience, it's not really a good sign when the doctor himself contacts you about your lab results... and I was right to be concerned.

The good news is that my potassium levels have gone back to normal. Normal is 3.5, and I have made it to 3.8. Phew. This is really good because potassium is directly related to your heart pumping correctly.

The bad news is that my liver enzymes that were elevated before have actually become more elevated. Normal for this test is 40, mine were 75 in the ER on 11/16, and now are 105. There are several potential causes for this: One, which makes the most sense, is malnutrition. Other options include: hepatitis, auto-immune diseases, nonalcoholic fatty liver, and obesity. I think it's safe to say that we can rule out obesity. :) Sorry, I had to make a joke. :)
Anyway, the way to figure out what's causing the problem is to do an ultrasound of my liver, and then draw more blood. The nurse-scheduler lady is going to call me tomorrow to let me know when my tests are.

Please pray that God will miraculously heal me before then--so that the elevated liver enzymes are just a thing of the past.

A picture of our awesome kitchen:
(before the Christmas fairy hit the kitchen)


Here is a picture of our living room/dining room before the decorating began...

I've included some pictures of our uber-decorated-we can't wait for Christmas-house.
Here is a photo of our enormous Christmas tree:
(please note the 11 strands of lights that Marcus used)


Here is a picture from a couple of weeks ago, when we had a magnificent snow storm: This is our backyard:


I thought if I threw in some cheery photos at the end, it would counteract the lame news. This is the fireplace in our family room:


We love you, and as always, covet your prayers.
Hugs,
b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the house!! Can't wait to see it! It looks amazing! Love you too. We are praying...always. ~ab