metropolitan


Thursday, May 21, 2009

home again, home again jiggity jig

here's a funny little story from my life...
i was freaking out about money to Marcus a couple of weeks ago, so I told him that I was going to return to substitute teaching. I thought I would just do a "half-day"--and it would be no big deal. Please keep in mind, I'm still not consistently keeping solid food down, so my energy level isn't exactly "super." Anyway, I got a last minute phone call, and accepted a full-day job in the 4th grade. I didn't actually mean to take the job, I was honestly flustered, and took it on accident. By the time I hung up the phone, the damage was done, and I was headed to the 4th grade. :) Fortunately, I hadn't taken the meds that make me dizzy, so I gulped down some gatorade, and prayed for the best. The kids in the class were awesome, and I made it through the day with flying colors, (except for when I struggled trying to figure out the 4th grade math problem--don't worry, I got it .)

beyond that, not much is going on with us. my health is not much improved. i'm still doing well with liquids. i'm doing ok with solids sometimes. i throw up most days, several times a day--unless i don't eat anything at all. i do better when i medicate myself heavily, but i don't like to take them because i'm not able to drive, and my brain doesn't work as quickly as i'd like it to.

it's super sunny and warm in seattle--which makes everything a little more bearable. i'm in love with the verse from 1 thes. 5:16. it's 3 words long. i think i might get it tatooed somewhere on my body. ALWAYS BE JOYFUL. i'm clinging to these words this week, as i hold on to the promise of God's faithfulness while i keep up my hope for complete healing.

b

No comments: