metropolitan


Friday, November 7, 2008

pure joy.

I cannot begin to express the feelings of JOY/excitement/relief/freedom/THANKFULNESS that are bursting from me this day. I just got home from my doctor's appointment, during which my feeding tube was removed!!! It feels sort of like getting your braces off--only WAY better. Like something is missing from your body... but you're not really sad to see it go. :) The doctor was thrilled with the progress that I've made... impressed with my determination to get well, and off the meds that I wanted to.

Here are some of the things that I'm thanking God for this day:
1. I am completely off of medications, except one... which the doctor says I can safely stay on forever.
2. I have my feeding tube out.
3. I can swim and lay on the beach in Mexico at the beginning of December.
4. I can return to a full workout! (i've been having to modify since surgery, but he says I'm good to go now. :))
5. I have an amazing loving family, church family, and awesome community that has been so supportive of Marcus and I all along. We are so blessed to have so much prayer support, encouraging hugs, and well wishes from you all.

Thanks to all who have stuck with us on this wild adventure. :) Yay!!

In Christ's awesome love,
brelin

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Brelin...that's so amazing! I am so thrilled for you! God is so good!!