metropolitan


Sunday, July 15, 2012

sunglasses at night

It happened in the wee hours of the morning today.  It was 4:30 am, and I was jolted awake by the cries of my little ones.  I fumbled around, trying to find my glasses so that I could see just what needed to be done.  Had someone spit up?  Was food needed?  A diaper change? 

I couldn't find my glasses.  I checked in all the usual places... bedside table? Nope.  Bathroom counter?  Nope.  In the kitchen by the bottles?  Nope.  I walked back into the really dark master bedroom, where one child was still sleeping.  I felt for the plastic frames so that I might welcome the new day.  Ahh. At last, they were on top of my dresser.  I threw them on, and walked quickly into the kitchen to help relieve Marcus of his baby-tending duties.

After about a minute in the kitchen, Marcus looked over at me quizzically.

"Why are you wearing your sunglasses?!"

We both erupted into laughter.

I tried to relay the story of the missing spectacles in between my fits of laughter.

I finished up with the babies, and put them down to bed.  Marcus went to get some sleep since it was my turn to be "on shift."

As he entered the bedroom, he sang, "I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can... SO I CAN SEE."

Thanks for the mockery, honey.  And here's to many more nights of ridiculous happenings...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is one of those stories that everyone needs to hear, especially with all the craziness of the first couple months. So funny, my prayers and positive vibes are still going your way.
Liz