metropolitan


Friday, May 18, 2012

Feeling groovy

So, it's been a while since my last post...Things have been going okay for the most part. I'm still throwing up a lot, but I seem to be keeping fluids down pretty well. As per the doctor's orders, I've gone down to twice a week for fluids (or 3 times per week with just 1 L going in at a time). They are changing the type of fluid that I get, because I'm still having trouble with swelling.

They're switching me to lactated ringers instead of normal saline. This cuts down the amount of sodium and increases my potassium. Today will be my first infusion of that, so I'll be sure to let you know how that goes.

As for the dynamic duo... They are super active!! They often wait until I'm laying down or sitting really still before they start their aerobic workouts. It's awesome that they are active, it just worries us a little what they might be like when they are no longer contained in my belly. :)

They're growing!! The boy is in the 51st percentile for growth and the girl is in the 25th percentile. Hooray!! He is about 3 lbs 2 oz and she is about 2 lbs 13 oz. The doctor said they are both in the normal range and that the size discrepancy is nothing to worry about.

My placenta previa is totally better! Wahoo! And the doctors are not concerned about anything else having to do with me. He mentioned that the kids are getting everything they need (sucking it all from me) in spite of my lack of nutritional disastrousness. (As the doctor said today, you look much better in person than you do on paper!)

I think that's all to report! We are so thankful that this pregnancy (and these babies) continue to be a miracle!

Love b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brelin,
I've been trying to comment on your blog for months now. Trying something different so I hope this works. So happy for you, Marcus and the little ones! Love the comment your doctor made-and it speaks volumes to your inner strength! Love you and miss you, enjoy a trip down memory lane with some Lutherhaven pics the other day...Good times! Big hug from Alaska. :) Deanna