metropolitan


Thursday, May 6, 2010

no more patience...please?

Lately, I've been praying for patience. I feel like I've needed extra patience with friends, family, and especially patience while I'm waiting. Waiting for my health to be restored...waiting to start a family with children...waiting for the housing market to improve so we can sell our condo...waiting for summer and sunshine to play in....waiting to feel better...waiting for so many things.

I've decided, however, that I'm tired of asking God for patience. If I quit praying for patience does that mean that I won't have to be patient in those situations anymore?! It seems sort of reasonable, right? I'll let you know how that goes. :)

Last weekend, I got to spend some quality time with my really good girl friends from WSU. There is nothing more amazing then reuniting giggly girls, and just celebrating life now (and then too.) Needless to say, it was a blast. I'm so thankful for you all, and hope we can make another hot date happen soon!! :)

This past week Marcus and I joined a new gym that they recently built in Issaquah. Marcus has been itching to get out of the YMCA for a while just because it's small and the pool is too hot, so this transition made sense for us. While I have been working out for a long time and know my way around the gym, I find this place incredibly intimidating. It is like the "land of beautiful people with big muscles." Everyone is checking every one else out; there are muscles exploding out of the tiny shreds of clothing people are wearing, and everyone seems to have their hair perfectly coiffed while they're running 10 miles without breaking a sweat. It is the epitome of the "plateau" experience. I sort of feel like I have to put makeup on to go to work out. Oh, and buy new workout clothes. I'm not sure if I can handle this. I have until Friday to make my decision...I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Beyond that, not much is new. I'm still puking my brains out. I eat, then vomit. I drink, then vomit. I do neither, and vomit anyway. It's quite annoying, and takes lots of energy. I feel like sometimes people think I don't do anything all day. Sometimes I feel like I don't do anything all day too. But I really do something every day, even when I don't leave the house. It just entails emptying a metal puke bowl about 10 times a day. Ugh.

Normally, when I close, I would ask that you pray for patience. This week, though, I ask that you pray we don't have to be patient anymore. About anything.

Thanks!
brelin

No comments: