metropolitan


Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the hospital... again.

So, it's been a while.

Since I went to the doctor, things have been getting progressively worse. The vomiting has been increasing, with little relief. We did manage to have lots of fun in the sun with some friend in Arizona on a trip over spring break on a trip that had been planned for several months. There were just lots of puke baggies involved.

Once we returned home (Easter Sunday), I was completely exhausted, and the pain was pretty out of control. By Monday morning, my vomiting was really bad. I was up all night Monday night, and by Tuesday morning I there was blood in my vomit again.... and not even a sip of water was staying down. We called the doc to see if I could go in for some outpatient IV fluids. He said that he wanted to admit me.

I was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday morning, and they started some IV fluids, pain meds, nausea meds, and blood work. They found that my liver enzymes were elevated. I'm still not really sure what that means... I think it has something to do with one of the lobes of my liver being pressed on by a vein or something, but I'm not sure if they can do anything about it. On Friday, they did a follow-up HYDA (sp?) scan to check something else, and I will check back in with the doc tomorrow.

The good news is that I'm keeping down fluids on my own again. I was released from the hospital on Friday night and am doing okay. I'm on a lot of meds, but am feeling pretty well considering. I have even kept down some toast!! :) My blood pressure is running pretty low, which leaves me feeling a little dizzy. But mostly I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm hopeful that this was just a little flare-up, and I'll be back to feeling terrific in no time!! :)

Thanks for all your prayers... and I'll try to keep my blog better updated.
brelin

1 comment:

BECCA said...

Thanks for the update. I hope they figure this out soon and it is indeed just a flareup.
God's blessings and many prayers.