metropolitan


Thursday, May 1, 2014

how am i doing, you ask?

These past few weeks have been nothing short of a miracle, in my opinion.  While I was in the hospital, I dropped more weight, and got down under 100 lbs.  I looked a little skeletal, but remained cautiously optimistic about my recovery. 
I think I literally slept for 2 weeks post-op.  If I wasn't sleeping, I was walking around in a dilaudid-induced trance, not really able to do much.  I'd head downstairs when I could muster the energy to "snuggle" and be mauled by adoring almost-two-year-olds.

If you're considering have twins and then having surgery, I wouldn't really recommend it.  It's not exactly easy to obey the "don't lift over 10 lbs." rule when your cutie toddlers are 25 and 30 lbs. each.  They have, however, done a remarkable job of being careful with mommy's "owie tummy."  They've touched me softly, and done the best they could being patient with my recovery.  We have had tons of help from my parents and Marcus' parents... and the kids haven't missed a beat.

Since my arrival home, I've managed to gain some weight, eat some food, and play with my kids.  A couple of mornings ago, I even went for a tiny jog with the jogging stroller--for the first time since October! And yes, the doctor said it was okay. :)

So, how good is good, you ask?  I'm still throwing up a time or two per day...mostly when I try to eat more than a tiny handful of something at a time.  Or, when I eat something too fibrous. Or, when I just randomly feel nauseous and barf.  But overall, my pain is much less.  I'm still having some surgical pain, mostly because I'm lifting my fat kids multiple times per day.  But besides that, I'm pretty awesome.

All I've got to say is... THANK YOU, JESUS!!  Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes.  I pray that I continue to heal completely and that everything goes swimmingly. 
Hugs and love to you all.
brelin

No comments: